EFFECTIVE APRIL 2022
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from children under age 13, we will take appropriate action to delete this information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, and HOW?
When you interact with us, whether by using the Website or otherwise, we may collect the following personal information:
Information you give us: we collect personal information from you directly when you provide it to us. Typically this occurs when you sign up for an account on the Website, place an order on the Website, send us an email or other communication, sign up for our email list, or participate in our promotions, surveys, and/or contests. The information you provide to us is generally:
- first and last name, email address, telephone number, shipping and billing address, gender, date of birth, physical characteristics or biometric information, images, photos and videos, profile information, such as commercial information and inferences, including products purchased or considered, purchasing histories or tendencies, and payment/financial information such as your bank account number, credit card number, debit card number.
Information our IT systems collect about you: when you interact with the Website, certain of your information will be collected through automated means. That information may include:
- your browser and device characteristics, your operating system, your language preferences, cookie information, device IP addresses and location, information on actions taken by you on the Website, the pages you accessed on the Website, dates and times you accessed the Website.
We collect such information automatically through certain technologies, including cookies and pixel tags. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to have cookies on your system, you can set your browser to refuse them. Please review the specific instructions from your browser in order to do this. However, please note that not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Website unavailable or difficult to view or use.
In some of our email messages we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our Website. If you prefer not to be tracked through our emails, simply avoid clicking text or graphic links in the email.
Information collected by third parties: We may also collect your personal information from third parties that we have engaged to provide services to us, including payment processors (such as PayPal), ecommerce platforms (such as Shopify), other vendors and service providers that provide services related to shipping, returns, customer support, fraud mitigation, and email marketing, as well as from third parties that provide web analytics and usage information to us.
In addition, if you choose to interact with us on social media by posting to our pages, tagging us (or using certain hashtags or other identifiers) in posts, or participating in activities, we may collect certain information from the social media account you use to interact with us, including the name associated with the account, the account handle, recent activity, the content of any posts in which we are tagged, and other information that may be contained on your social media profile to allow us to respond to the posts and engage with our audience.
WHAT DO YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
IN-HOUSE uses the information it collects to:
- Provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, and to communicate about your orders;
- To provide you with customer service;
- To personalize your experiences;
- To understand your preferences and shopping habits;
- To analyze trends and statistics in order to help manage our business;
- To administer, maintain, and optimize the Website;
- To administer and fulfill our contests and promotions;
- To market our products and services to you;
- To formulate our business strategies;
- To manage your account on our Website;
- To prevent, detect, or investigate actual or suspected fraud
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations or as otherwise required by law.
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our products and services including exclusive offers, promotions or new products and services. We have a legitimate interest in processing your information for promotional purposes. You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing or other promotional communications through a given communication channel, at any time, by:
- Following the opt-out or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any communication sent by us.
- Contacting us at the address in our Questions section.
WHO DO YOU SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH?
With our Partners from whom you purchase products from on the Website, so they can fulfill your orders.
With service providers that we use to help deliver our products and services to you, such as Shopify, payment processors, and couriers for the purpose of delivering a product to you.
With third parties that we use to help us run our business, such as those that manage a database of customer information, assist us in distributing emails, assist us with direct marketing and data collection, and provide data storage and analysis, for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, i.e. to promote our business to existing and former customers.
With third parties approved by you, including social media sites you choose to link your account to or third-party payment providers
Anti-fraud and credit check providers, for our legitimate interests or those of third parties, i.e. to minimize fraud that could be damaging to for us and you.
To law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies, in order to comply with our necessary legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
We do not sell your personal information for money. We do, however, share consumers’ personal information with certain third parties that may be considered a “sale” of personal information under the CCPA, even though we do not receive any fee in exchange.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
These rights vary depending on applicable law, but may include:
- The right to know whether, and for what purposes, we process personal information about you;
- The right to know what personal information we process about you;
- The right to learn the source of personal information about you we process, where we obtain that personal information from a source other than you;
- The right to access, modify, and correct personal information about you (as set forth in more detail below under “Access, Modifications, and Corrections to Collected Personal Information”);
- The right to know with whom we have shared personal information about you, for what purposes, and what personal information has been shared;
- Where processing of personal information about you is based on consent, the right to withdraw your consent to such processing;
- The right to request restriction of processing of personal information or object to processing of personal information; and
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
680 5th Avenue, Floor 12
New York, NY 10019
Please note that you may only make a CCPA-related data access or data portability disclosure request twice within a 12-month period.